Webinar | Making Sense of the Layers. Benefits of Layer 2 and Layer 3.
June 10 @ 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM UTC-4
iS5 Communications is proud to present “Networking 101 for OT Professionals”, a series of webinars aimed to teach and refresh basic and intermediary industry concepts and knowledge. Join us for our second session in the series, “Making Sense of the Layers. Benefits of Layer 2 and Layer 3.”
- An understanding of various switching and routing concepts
- How-to logically separate devices and users in an ethernet network (introduction to VLANs)
- An overview of building a resilient network (introduction to redundancy protocols)
- How-to add resiliency at layer 3 (VRRP)
Who this Webinar is Geared for:
Management, Engineering, and IT Professionals new to industrial Ethernet networking, or that have a basic understanding and interest in learning more about Operational Technology network environments. Roles could include:
- Protection and Control Engineers
- Field Technicians/Engineers
- Automation Engineers
- IT/OT Network Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to know more about Ethernet Communications in OT environments
About the Instructors:
Dominic Iadonisi is a Senior Field Application Engineer with over 20 years experience in substation communications, network design and commissioning and technical training focused on communications protocols and network design, cybersecurity, power system automation, power system construction, and maintenance.
Anis Chaya is a field application engineer with over 10 years of experience working with various communications technology solutions such as optical, microwave, and ethernet. He has implemented network management systems and digital substations communications specifically in the Power Utility and Oil & Gas industries.