Technical Support Consultant (Networking)
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Phoenix Contact Network Communications Inc. (doing business as iS5 Communications Inc.), develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Research, strategize, develop, and implement training material and deliver training.
- Perseverance, dedication, and self-motivation to bring ideas and initiatives to further develop successful Professional Services Consulting and Training.
- Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Support.
- Participate in Customer meetings to discuss analyze training or Network Design requirements.
- May be required to travel to customer site where required.
- Provide weekly executive update reports.
- Work closely with the Key Executive Team on projects.
- Ability to meet with end-users and gather functional requirements.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and debugging software.
- Team-oriented and works collaboratively to achieve team goals.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Ability to travel globally or where customer projects reside.
- Help to promote the Consulting and Training Services to customers.
- Assist with the development of CRM trouble ticketing system for support.
- Assist develop with processes for Technical Support.
- May on occasion where required attend trade shows.
- Train other team members.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking, Telecommunications.
- 7 plus years practical experience with strong knowledge of L2/L3 protocols – OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RSTP, TCP/IP, Cyber Security, RADIUS/TACACS, IPV6, SNMP, NMS.
- Preferably experience in Industrial Networking IT/OT SCADA applications is a plus.
- Industry Certifications: CCNP, JNCP, CISSP or higher.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, ability to implement quick workarounds to technical problems.
- Teamwork and Collaboration; Adaptability; Initiative, Integrity, Individual Accountability, Organizational Excellence.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office Suite).
- High energy and organizational commitment.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the link below!