- This event has passed.
Webinar | Network Redundancy: What Are Your Options? Why Choose One Technology over Another?
July 8, 2020 @ 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM UTC+0
iS5 Communications is proud to present “Networking 101 for OT Professionals”, a series of webinars aimed to teach and refresh basic and intermediary industry concepts and knowledge. Join us for our third session in the series, “Network Redundancy: What Are Your options? Why Choose One Technology over Another? ”
- An understanding of layer 2 redundancy protocols (STP, RSTP, HSR, PRP)
- When to use various layer 2 redundancy protocols
- An understanding of how routers can provide backup for each other
- An understanding of how routing protocols maintain route connection with a focus on OSPF
Who this Webinar is Geared for:
Management, Engineering, and IT Professionals new to industrial Ethernet networking, or that have a basic understanding and interest in learning more about Operational Technology network environments. Roles could include:
- Protection and Control Engineers
- Field Technicians/Engineers
- Automation Engineers
- IT/OT Network Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to know more about Ethernet Communications in OT environments
About the Instructors:
Dominic Iadonisi is a Senior Field Application Engineer with over 20 years experience in substation communications, network design and commissioning and technical training focused on communications protocols and network design, cybersecurity, power system automation, power system construction, and maintenance.
Anis Chaya is a field application engineer with over 10 years of experience working with various communications technology solutions such as optical, microwave, and ethernet. He has implemented network management systems and digital substations communications specifically in the Power Utility and Oil & Gas industries.