- This event has passed.
Ethernet and its Application in Critical Utility Networks
May 13, 2020 @ 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM EDT
iS5 Communications is proud to present “Networking 101 for OT Professionals”, a series of webinars aimed to teach and refresh basic and intermediary industry concepts and knowledge.
Join us on Wednesday, May 13th at 1PM for session 1: Ethernet and it’s Application in Critical Utility Networks.
- A brief understanding of the migration from OT legacy serial networks to Ethernet
- An overview of what an Ethernet network is and how it functions
- An overview of layer 1 cabling, SFP technology, and types of cabling for OT Ethernet networks
- The difference between managed and un-managed technology
- The difference between switches and routers
- Plus, attendees will have the chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
Who this Webinar is Geared for:
Management, Engineering, and IT Professionals new to industrial Ethernet networking, or that have a basic understanding and interest in learning more about Operational Technology network environments. Roles could include:
- Protection and Control Engineers
- Field Technicians/Engineers
- Automation Engineers
- IT/OT Network Administrators
- Anyone who wishes to know more about Ethernet Communications in OT environments
About the Instructors:
Dominic Iadonisi is a Senior Field Application Engineer with over 20 years experience in substation communications, network design and commissioning and technical training focused on communications protocols and network design, cybersecurity, power system automation, power system construction, and maintenance.
Anis Chaya is a field application engineer with over 10 years of experience working with various communications technology solutions such as optical, microwave, and ethernet. He has implemented network management systems and digital substations communications specifically in the Power Utility and Oil & Gas industries.