QA Network Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our Company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our Company is currently looking for a creative and experienced Network QA Engineer with a great can-do attitude and passion for network testing/ troubleshooting. The Network QA Engineer will be a part of our QA team and participating in team activities such as functional and system level test execution, regression, performance, stability, interoperability testing. Along with the QA team the candidate will be interacting with testing and development teams in multiple locations.
The role will include understanding our customer requirements & product solutions, forming knowledge and opinions about system level test coverage, being a writer and/or a key reviewer for system test plans & coverage, and providing technical knowledge sharing inside the company. The primary responsibilities of the role will be:
- Design and develop test cases for network equipment.
- Configuring QA network test environments in both L2 and L3.
- Reviewing the test plan and making improvements and suggestions as required.
- Performing QA of new and existing products according to the test plan and generating a test report prior to product/feature/code release.
- Investigating reported product bugs, reproducing reported issues, performing root cause analysis and communicating details to the development team for fix.
- Testing engineering provided code fixes and validating bug resolution.
- Collaborating with other QA team members on test cases, root cause analysis and test plan improvements.
- Collaborating with our development team on open code issues, bug fixes and feature requests/product feedback.
- Support customer-based activities like problem investigation and presale activities.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or equivalent areas with 5+ years of practical work experience.
- Hands-on experiences performing manual QA testing in the NETWORKING industry (required).
- Experience with network emulating and debugging tools. (iXIA, Spirent, Wireshark) (required).
- Outstanding technical & hands-on expertise in system testing execution, system test planning, and customer issues troubleshooting & resolution (required).
- Experience of working on Layer2 Ethernet technologies (RSTP; LLDP, Multicast Filtering, IGMP snooping, 802.1.x, etc.…) (required).
- Experience of working on Layer3 IP technologies (IPv4/IPv6, SNMP, IPSEC, VRRP, RIP, ISIS, OSPF, BGP, EIRGP, MPLS, PBR, ACL etc.…).
- Knowledge or experience in Spirent ITest an asset
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification an asset.
- Experience in Automation Test Development (TCL/Perl/Python) an asset.
- Experience with NMS system level testing will be applicable an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5 offers:
Our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a talented, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!