What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? iS5 Communications develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the iS5 designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, iS5 is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. iS5 is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for iS5’s global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Mechanical Engineer at iS5 Communications Inc. you will be responsible for Mechanical design, testing & validating, and releasing complete product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes industry leading communication devices in terms of innovation, security, and performance.
You will utilize your expertise in mechanical design and development of products as you work within a lean and agile Engineering team alongside some of the best hardware and software engineers in the industry. This position reports to an Engineering team lead.
Along with iS5 Communications engineering team you will, design, assemble and test prototypes and release and launch communication products which are aligned with product requirements and industry standards. The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Convert product definitions into concepts and designs with limited guidance from the Engineering Team.
- Create high quality Mechanical Engineering design packages for Production release with accuracy and sufficient detail using 3D CAD and ERP systems.
- Work independently and/or as part of a team to evaluate and develop new electronics packaging solutions for ruggedized operational environments using Sheet Metal.
- Conduct and review engineering analysis during the design process. i.e., Stress/Fatigue, Shock, Vibration, Design for Manufacturing/Assembly, Thermal performance, and Type Tests.
- With a scientific approach, evaluate product performance through testing with testing lab and possible vendor sites.
- Design of test models and manufacturing of Prototypes for the verification and validation of design concepts.
- Maintain and assist with mechanical development project plans & budget from start to finish including definition, concepting, prototyping, testing and final product implementation phases.
- Project communication throughout the various phases; project kick-off presentations, schedules, design reviews, development updates, risk assessment reports and design rationale documentation.
- University degree or College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering /Technology.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in sheet metal design and/or industrial/mechanical engineering, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production.
- 3D modelling proficiency in SolidWorks as well as 2D proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Background and knowledge in mechanical design, stress & fatigue analysis and thermal analysis for effective thermal designs. (Experience with Solid works simulation would be an asset).
- Knowledge in GD&T and mechanical detail drawings.
- Experience in creating layout drawings and BOM creation and maintenance would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP systems with regards to BOM and part creation and maintenance.
- Experience communicating with suppliers for product development.
- Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials via different processes (machined, cast, injection mold, 3D printing, etc.
- Hands on machine shop experience; drills, grinders, saws, drill presses, lathes, etc.
- Advanced MS Suite knowledge is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5 offers:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!