Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? iS5 Communications develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the iS5 designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, iS5 is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. iS5 is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for iS5’s global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
What you’ll be doing:
- Following test procedures to perform manufacturing tests in an efficient manner.
- Performing Go/No-go function test and Environmental Stress Screening of Ethernet switches.
- Using tools such as computer, multi-meter, optical power meter, environmental chamber to perform testing and debugging.
- Performing Hi-pot test in a safe manner.
- Debugging faulty ethernet switches (involving disassembly and reassembly).
- Processing non-conforming material according to procedure.
- Assisting in RMA process for defective material and Corrective Action Requests (CAR).
- Assisting in development of test procedures, jigs and fixtures for testing new products and sub-assemblies.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and repair of PCB assemblies.
- College diploma in electronics or specialized training
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Tera Term or PuTTY
- Basic knowledge of Ethernet Networks
- Able to accurately follow test procedures
- Troubleshooting to the PCBA level. ESD knowledge an asset
- Soldering/de-soldering skills are an asset
- Intermediate Excel knowledge is required. Microsoft Office knowledge an asset (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- ERP experience. Netsuite experience an asset
- Strong multitasking skills with attention to details
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5Com offers:
At iS5 Communications Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Remote work and flexible work hours
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!