Jr. Software Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
As a software engineer, you will be part of an exciting engineering team in our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Software Engineer team, you will have an important role in supporting the design, release and launch of communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile.
This role reports directly to the Head of Product Development.
- Support the software engineering team with embedded Linux software architecture and implementation.
- Assisting with C/C++ software according to the company SDLC process.
- Supporting unit tests, system integration, product validation and certification.
- Aiding software release and bug tracking system.
- Supporting design documentation and status reports.
- 3+ years of experience developing and designing real-time embedded software for complex communications systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering.
- Experience with UNIX/POSIX programming interface, Linux system programming.
- Strong knowledge of C, Java Script, HTML, Java.
- Solid understanding of networking and protocols.
- Experience in designing Web front-end user interface.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, test, network analyzers etc.).
- Experience of working in embedded development environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!