Jr. Software Developer
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Phoenix Contact Network Communications Inc. (doing business as iS5 Communications Inc.), develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a Jr. Software Developer, you will be part of an exciting engineering team in our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Software Engineer team, you will have an important role in supporting the design, release and launch of communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile. The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Responsible for embedded Linux software design and UI implementation.
- Gather requirements and create design documentation.
- Work with QA to troubleshoot and debug UI functionality.
- Develop software according to the company SDLC process.
- Collaborate with team, and QA using bug tracking system.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- 3+ years of experience developing and designing real-time embedded software for complex communications systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering.
- Experience with UNIX/POSIX programming interface, Linux system programming.
- Strong knowledge of C, Java Script, HTML, Java.
- Solid understanding of networking and protocols.
- Experience in designing Web front-end user interface.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, test, network analyzers etc.).
- Experience of working in embedded development environment.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the link below!