Java Software Engineer
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Phoenix Contact Network Communications Inc. (doing business as iS5 Communications Inc.), develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our office in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a member of the Network Management System software team at Phoenix Contact Networking Communications Inc. (doing business as iS5 Communications Inc.), you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of communication products that are designed in alignment with industry standards and project product profile. The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Responsible for Network Management System architecture, design, and implementation.
- Developing Java software according to the company SDLC process.
- Responsible for unit tests, system integration, product validation and certification.
- Managing outside developers and consultants.
- Managing development CI/CD environment, software releases and bug tracking system.
- Writing design documentation and status reports.
- 5+ years of experience in developing Java web applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of system application design and integration for different operating systems.
- Solid knowledge with configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux.
- Knowledge of frameworks/technologies such as Apache Ant, PostgreSQL Server, JUnit, REST, JSON.
- Knowledge in virtualization technology/cloud services such as VMWare and Azure.
- Knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration systems (Git, GitLab, SonarQube, Artifactory).
- Solid knowledge in scripting languages including but not limited to bash and python.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Proactive and energetic, creative and a self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
- Knowledge of SNMP Protocol
- Embedded design experience in C/C++
- Experience developing any of the following: NMS, Cybersecurity, GUI
- Understanding of a network infrastructure, firewalls, routers, and switches
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the link below!