Industrial Cybersecurity Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our Company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As an Industrial Cybersecurity Engineer at iS5 Communications Inc. you will be responsible for defining, developing and delivering sophisticated and innovative solutions and services to reduce cybersecurity risks in close collaboration with our customers around the world. You will be part of the team that creates and executes industry leading communication devices in terms of innovation, security, and performance. This position reports to our Vice President of Advanced Solutions.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be but not limited to:
- Develop Cybersecurity concepts for securing ICS and OT environments.
- Assist customers in designing secure networking solutions based on iS5 products.
- Identify important trends in ICS security. Help specify future product features to address these.
- Work with software partners to develop high value applications for our target verticals.
- Establish Cybersecurity policies and procedures tailored to OT environments.
- Support in IT / OT convergence projects, guided and enabled by senior specialists.
- Perform Cybersecurity assessments in industrial automation & control systems (IACS).
- Bachelor’s degree in the computer science / engineering, or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in such industries as ICS or OT, etc.
- Several years of successful experience in cybersecurity consulting in an ICS environment, e.g., assessments, gap analysis and mitigation planning.
- Knowledge of industrial control systems (ICS) and automation and/or process knowledge in OT environments, incl. relevant standards and security frameworks, e.g., ISA/IEC 62443, ISO 27001, NIST CSF
- Experience in an international environment is helpful to collaborate with an international security team of specialists to satisfy customer demands
- Strong customer orientation and ability to lead a diverse set of partners in a sophisticated, international environment.
- Several years of proven project management experience, preferably in the area of OT Security ramp-up projects.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative, creativity, analytical skills, critical thinking, and strong collaboration in international and virtual teams.
- Proficient in English.
- Nice to have: Project Management / Cybersecurity Certifications, e.g. CISM, CISSP, IAPM, PMI, SAFe.
- Enjoys traveling.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5 offers:
Our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a talented, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!