FPGA Design Engineer
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? iS5 Communications develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the iS5 designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, iS5 is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. iS5 is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for iS5’s global customer based at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a FPGA Design Engineer at iS5 Communications Inc. you will be responsible for design and development of FPGAs used on different product lines. You will be part of the team that creates and executes industry leading communication devices in terms of innovation, security and performance. You will utilize your expertise in design and development of products as you work with a lean and agile team of the best hardware and software engineers in the industry.
- Defining functional specifications for the FPGA.
- FPGA design: writing RTL code, functional simulation, debugging, synthesis, timing closure, and hands-on integration and verification in a lab environment.
- Collaborating with Hardware/Software development teams, to understand overall product requirements and drive optimal solutions.
- Documentation and communication.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of products, tools, and processes.
- Long proven track record of successfully delivering many complex RTL designs targeting large FPGAs/ASICs.
- Experience with FPGA designs in VHDL, Verilog and system Verilog.
- Experience with FPGA design and simulation tools from multiple vendors.
- Fluent in simulation tools such as ModelSim or NC Sim, synthesis tools such as Synopsys or Synplify, and back-end tools such as Xilinx ISE.
- Ability to use constraint management, RTL optimization techniques, and floor planning to achieve timing closure.
- Experience with the integration of 3rd party IP blocks into designs.
- Experience implementing high speed serial links and protocols.
- Experience with UVM and Assertion Based Verification.
- Skilled in using scripting languages and tools (TCL, Python, Perl, Make).
- Good debugging skills.
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, results oriented and the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, while being a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience with FPGA Design.
What we offer:
At iS5 Communication Inc. our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!