Embedded Software Web Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the company’s designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grid, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer based at our corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
The Embedded Software Web Engineer is responsible for all areas of our embedded UI: from conceptual design to prototyping, along with front-end and back-end implementation. You will work closely with the rest of the team to analyze features and deliver a compelling user experience.
The position is reporting to the Director of Embedded Software.
- Responsible for embedded Linux Web framework architecture and UI implementation
- Gathering requirements and create design documentation
- Designing and implementing front-end and back-end code
- Working with QA to troubleshoot and debug UI functionality
- Developing software according to the company SDLC process
- Collaborating with team and QA using bug tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in developing/supporting Web back end on Linux
- 5+ years of experience in designing Web front-end user interface
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Strong knowledge of C, Java Script, CSS, HTML
- Experience with UNIX/POSIX programming interface
- Experience in porting Open-source packages to embedded platform is a plus
- Knowledge of SNMP, MIB, and telecommunication standards is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to create design documentation and troubleshoot UI issues
What iS5 offers:
Our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!