Embedded Software Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
Are you interested in helping to secure and enable reliable operations of a nation’s critical infrastructure? Our Company develops products and solutions that do just that. Utilizing the companies designed secure networking and edge computing platform for Industry 4.0 and Industrial IoT applications, the Company is developing innovative cybersecurity, industrial communications, big data, and AI/machine learning solutions for Smart Grids, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and other critical infrastructure industries. Our Company is seeking individuals to help build the next generation solutions for our global customer base at our Corporate Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
As a member of the Software Engineering team you will be responsible for the design, release and launch of communication products which are aligned with industry standards and project product profile.
This role reports directly to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for embedded Linux software architecture and implementation.
- Developing C/C++ software according to the company SDLC process.
- Responsible for unit tests, system integration, product validation and certification.
- Managing outside developers and consultants.
- Managing software release and bug tracking system.
- Writing design documentation and status reports.
- 10 + years of experience developing and designing real-time embedded software for complex communications systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Experienced with embedded LINUX, U-Boot, BSP.
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet switching, routing and application level protocols (L2/L3 protocols) – RSTP, LLDP, STP, IGMP, VRRP, RIP, OSPF, TCP/IP, HTTP, NAT, IGMP, QoS, VLAN, VPN etc.
- Experienced with UNIX/POSIX programming interface.
- Experience writing device drivers for L2/L3 switches, GE/10GE PHYs, CPU cores, DDR-SDRAM, FPGA/CPLD, SerDes and Framers.
- Strong experience with low level device drivers (I2C, SPI Master/Slave, Serial/HCI, GPIO, USB, SD, NAND, NOR, RAM).
- Strong embedded debug skills on target hardware.
- Experience with software development tools (configuration management, design, emulation, debugging, compliers, test etc.).
- Experience with performance tuning of interrupts, DMA, memory management, scheduling, etc.
- Understanding of hardware architecture and components.
- Experience with board bring-up and debugging.
- Able to read schematic diagrams, experience with debug and test tools such as Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Multi-meter, JTAG debugger.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To fit in our growing and diverse team, you must be:
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proactive and energetic, creative and self-starter
- Team-oriented and collaborator, committed to the organization and its vision
What iS5 offers:
Our team is everything! You will have an opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative team. Some of the perks our team members have are:
- Medical, Dental and Vision care benefits
- Access to public transportation
- Flexible work hours
- Casual Friday dress code all week long
- Employee Referral Programs
- And more!
Career Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
View other job postings
what our clients say
Thank you again for working with us to enable this functionality on a one‐off situation. Your willingness to develop a new version of the iDMS software just to support us is greatly appreciated and shows that iS5Com is willing and able to go above and beyond the status quo. Please extend our appreciated thanks to all of your team who assisted in this development.Travis Phifer, Projects Manager
It was our pleasure to meet with you guys and get excellent information on your company and capabilities! I feel really confident that we'll have an excellent working relationship as we strive to use your products as our standard offering.Patrick Avery, General Manager, Automation
We, NASMA TELECOMMUNICATIONS LLC, Oman, have installed various models of iS5 Communications Inc. networking devices in our projects and are pleased with their performance and interoperability.Naresh Pai, Regional Head, Telecom & Security
We had a chance to test the updated switches this morning. It’s a night and day difference. Performance is much better. We’re ready to head out to the field.Andrew Spurgeon, Manager, Product Management
iS5 provides a solid, hardened product that meets my utilities needs for a very competitive price. Features such as 1000BaseT Ethernet, fiber optic uplink options, POE, secure protocols for administration, standards-based management and solid user interface provide excellent value for the money. So far, all the units have been working perfectly with no issues, some of them have been in place for over a year.Rett D. Walters, Manager of Information Technology
Have a question? Want to get pricing information? Let us know through the links below!